Sunday, October 11, 2015

The Universalist Unitarian Church of Peoria

Well, I attended the Universalist Unitarian Church of Peoria (http://www.peoriauuchurch.org/) in their new building. It’s been 45 years since I’ve been there—yes, since the 1960s. The pews were full, and the congregation friendly. The sermon was good, but I never met the minister. There was a fire drill at the end of the service, which went very well.

I was so very fortunate to run into a dear, old friend of mine who had been essential in the course of my life! I wonder what fate, chance, synchronicity, serendipity, or whatever has in store for me if I return next Sunday. I am hoping to connect with others there who are interested in New Thought, meditation, astrology, reincarnation, theosophy, etc., and/or meet other members of the LGBTQ community.

Sometimes destiny doesn’t reveal itself immediately. That seems to be especially true in my old age. At one time one event quickly led to another. Meeting one person led to meeting the next. My life was obviously divinely guided. This process seems to have stopped since I moved to Illinois.

http://www.peoriauuchurch.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment